Brazos River, Texas

Architect Maurice Jennings Chapel on Brazos River in Texas






During Architecture School I would often visit the Kimbell by Louis Kahn. On these trips I would pass a very inspirational building by Fay Jones that was much overlooked in my teachings, but was never far in my mind.





Carillion Tower
The buildings craftsmanship in the woodwork is exceptional a true experience to take some time in a pew and enjoy the spirit of Architecture. I recently came across a new chapel on the Brazos (a fantastic site) and I could tell the work had the vision and beauty as if it was from Fay Jones the former Wright apprentice. I looked up the Architect Maurice Jennings and low and behold he was a former partner of Fay Jones. It is nice to see the sacred work continues on a path of enlightenment.











Fay Jones Chapel in Ft. Worth Texas

Interior of Ft.Worth Chapel

Fay Jones Thorncrown Chapel

Comments

  1. Fay Jones Archive:
    http://libinfo.uark.edu/specialcollections/manuscripts/FayJones/projectdetails.asp?project=LEO1990

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Oblivion Sky Tower

32 Simple and Basic Design Ideas of Frank Lloyd Wright

Bruce Goff's Ledbetter House